Start a new topic

What is the app?

There are two parts to BillionGraves that users need to be aware of. One is the website, the other is the app for a smart device.   One way to look at both of these items is to view the website as a filing cabinet for all of the records, and the app as the tool to obtain these records. The app allows users to go to any cemetery and take photos of headstones. These headstones are placed with a GPS marker from your phone.  When they are uploaded to the website, you can see exactly where you were taking photos in a cemetery, and look at individual records within the cemetery.  The app can also be used in a cemetery to find individuals whose information was gathered previously.  There are many instances where I have gone to a cemetery with thousands of burials, but because someone used the app to document it, I was able to find the headstone I was looking for in minutes. This is the true advantage to using the app!

1 person has this question

I want to download the app, but just reading the comments (so many negatives!) has me worried. Is anyone monitoring people's complaints?

We are monitoring the complaints. Many of them are from people who do not either understand what it is used for, or don't understand how to use it. We will be addressing many of these complaints soon!

Login or Signup to post a comment