Start a new topic
Answered

Your site is great BUT I want to download pics of headstones from your site to my genealogy program. How do I do that?

It would be nice to be able to download photos from a cell phone. 

Best Answer

Here is how I save photos for use in my own personal program...remember this has to be a personal program as other sites will not allow photos that have our watermark on them such as FamilySearch.

I have Windows 10 and use a Chrome Browser:

Right click on the photo

Select Save Picture as

Save this photo on your desktop for easy access or you can create a folder on the desktop for cemetery photos

Open up your own genealogical program

Follow the directions in the program for adding media

(Usually it is a drop and drag) 

1 person has this question

i HAVE DONE THIS..However, the problem is that it doesn't recognize where I took the photos.  I tried to use their app, but I couldn't figure it out.  BTW  I'm not real tech savvy lol

Open up the Billion Graves image on your PC, right click it and select "copy image address" open up the url in a new window and save it to your tree.

Example

https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.billiongraves.com/headstones/images/20180507/22613568.jpg?t=2018-05-23+09%3A02%3A00

You can right click on the image, and save it to your desktop or in any folder of your choice. I always save them as a .jpg file. 

MikeF says "Open up the Billion Graves image on your PC, right click it and select "copy image address" open up the url in a new window and save it to your tree."

When I right click on the image the options I get are 

Ask Cortana . . 

Save picture as

Select all

Copy

Pin it

I do not get the option

Copy image address. 

How can I access the image address?

Not sure it works for me with Windows 10 using Chrome Browser, I assume you are using a different browser and will need to check with the browser suppliers support, but I imagine you should still be able to "save picture as" and access it from there

Answer

Here is how I save photos for use in my own personal program...remember this has to be a personal program as other sites will not allow photos that have our watermark on them such as FamilySearch.

I have Windows 10 and use a Chrome Browser:

Right click on the photo

Select Save Picture as

Save this photo on your desktop for easy access or you can create a folder on the desktop for cemetery photos

Open up your own genealogical program

Follow the directions in the program for adding media

(Usually it is a drop and drag) 

Login or Signup to post a comment