Start a new topic

Why can't I transcribe images? Where are the images to transcribe?

I have been trying to transcribe photos for several weeks but after setting language, country e.g. USA, with about 1500 to be transcribed I keep getting message that there are no photos to transcribe.  What am I doing wrong?  Never had this problem before. any help would be appreciated

Thanks

1 person has this question

Right now it is winter, and there are no photographs that need to be transcribed. Most of our photo takers prefer also to transcribe their own images. The 1500 images out there are either green pins in a cemetery that are the most difficult to transcribe or they are images that photographers have saved for themselves. Typically what this means is you will need to go out and take photographs in order to be able to transcribe. Sorry about that!

I have the same question.
I live in Australia and it's Summer. I set the filters to "Language English, Country Australia, Cemetery All". I can see all the cemeteries listed with the numbers beside the names, but then I get a red pop up telling me No Images Found.
I've been experiencing this error/popup for months now.

This means that we are out of the images that meet that criteria. We have many many English transcribers in many countries.  We do not have enough transcribers able to work in other languages. Although it will show that we have 500 or more records available for transcription, these are all in other languages besides English. Also, many of our photo takers transcribe their own images. This also leaves the pool of English transcriptions at a minimal level. We encourage people to take photos as this will allow them to also transcribe. 

Login or Signup to post a comment