Start a new topic

Billion Graves not finding a known grave

I just signed up for Billion Graves and I thought I would test it's search functionality. I searched for a name and cemetery that I have already found and no results. The names are Arturo and Concepcion Salazar interred in All Souls Cemetery in Long Beach, CA. Has anyone else had this result?

1 Comment

We do not claim to have every photo in every cemetery within the United States, yet.  We rely on volunteers to go out into cemeteries and take photgraphs with the app. The app is what marks the location with a GPS marker. The best way to tell if a photo has been taken of the cemetery is to pull up the volunteer page.  This is the map of photos that have been taken so far in All Souls Cemetery, Long Beach, California. As you can see, there is a lot of work that needs to be done in this cemetery. If your loved one is not currently photographed, perhaps you can place in a photo request in at the cemetery to see if a volunteer would be willing to photograph it for you. Personally, I like to photograph my relatives graves because I can capture the image best. I have personally travelled from Utah to California, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia, Georgia, Alabama, and Tennessee to acquire them. It really is very fun and quite rewarding. 

Here is what a cemetery will look like when it is almost completely captured by our app. You can still see a few places that need to be captured these have the white and purple icon on them to tell photographers which areas are needed for photographs. 

Login or Signup to post a comment