Start a new topic

A Potter's Filed & Unmarked Graves

I'm new to a billiongraves.com. and registered to add some records related to a county potter's field.  It was used as the county cemetery until the 1950s when a religious order bought the property and established a school.  The order of Catholic Sisters created a cemetery for members of their order on part of the ground.  When I visited I discovered someone had set up a record for the sisters, but I'm interested in documenting the potter's field where up to 200 people were buried in unmarked graves.

QUESTIONS:  Should I create a new cemetery record site for the Potter's Field as its use is different and historical?  also, since those graves were unmarked, is that a problem?  Thanks for any suggestions. 

Here's the site I'm referencing:  https://billiongraves.com/cemetery/Oblate-Sisters-of-Saint-Francis-de-Sales-Cemetery/166407

I will visit the site tomorrow and take a picture of the one tombstone for all the unmarked graves?  t

1 Comment

@Mike Yes, go ahead and create a new cemetery record site for the Potter's Field. The graves may be unmarked, but if there are records, we can put these in as supporting documents. I can see that there is one monument, this should be placed in the cemetery with the GPS.  Thank you for adding this in. Everyone should be remembered! 

Login or Signup to post a comment