The "Family Names" box is the second box on the right-hand side of the transcription field.
- Family names are also known as “last names” or “surnames”. It is the name shared by the entire family.
- Enter family names as they appear. Do not correct misspellings.
- If no family name is listed, leave the family name field blank. Do not enter words such as “null” or “none”.
- If you cannot read portions of the family name, just enter what you see and leave the rest blank. Do not add question marks “?” or dots “. . . “.
- Do not include suffixes (such as Jr. or Sr.) in the surname field. To add a suffix, select the button labeled “add more information” and then add the suffix field.
How do I do this?
Step 1: Type in the family name of this individual, which would be "Bostic".
Step 2: Select the tab button to advance to the next field on the transcription form.